Monday, October 31, 2011

So just to post an update

It's been a while since I posted so I thought I would just do an update.

Driving: So far I have done one driving lesson. It's not that hard. I guess i was expecting a lot worse from the way my dad described it. Mostly you just have to think about where the turn signals are and make sure you turn in to the left lane. so left is right, but otherwise it's just the same.

The biggest difference for me personally is just hope the cars are. Compared to my little convertibles. Which I hope your enjoying Z.

Work: Work has been going good. I've been doing a lot of observing and doing a little teaching. I've done the stations, and taught curriculum a few times. I also taught phonics which would be their spelling words.
The hardest part for me  is my singing not because I'm embarrassed at my bad singing but because the students don't pay much attention when I sing so they have to do all the singing and I just stay quiet so they will work and not just laugh. I'm working on memorizing two more levels right now. one of the levels has 3 stories and 4 songs/poems/chants. The other level has 3 stories and 16 songs/poems/chants. The one with more is actually much easier to learn

Apartment: My apartment is doing good. It's not that bad a bit messy but I  changed everything around so now the tv blocks my balcony but is the main focus of the room. It's starting to feel like home. I've been told a few times that I need to get a picture of my building up, and I will soon. For now though it is a 2 story building I'm on the first floor right in the middle of the row.

Calling home: I've been doing that a good amount just talking to everyone. It's really nice that it is free. I'm sure my parents appreciate not getting a collect call from Japan lol. Hopefully google voice keeps their free calling in the states up for another year.

Kids: The students here are  all really getting to know me now so it makes it a lot nicer to come in and them all say hello Mr. Kaz. Of course I don't know their names but hey you have to start some where.

Food: I have been eating a  lot of hamburgers at my apartment since I got here. it seems a lot of the teachers do that but I've also been trying other places. I ate at an Irish pub, and that was different. Then I also went to a sushi go round, where the sushi goes around the tables on a little conveyer belt. I have requested some food from home like Wing sauce, barbecue sauce and hamburger seasoning. Though I wouldn't mind some cake mix and frosting if their is room in the box. The one thing I really miss besides Zack's cooking and trust me I do miss that, is Pizza.

Guys meeting: Next week we will be having a guys meetings which is unofficially required but not officially required it's just frowned upon if you don't go to them. Apparently it  is a kind of bible group where it is all just guys were we are supposed to be able to talk about issues. Not really a whole cheerful experience but I'm going cause well I kind of have to plus I'll try out what the Japensse call pizza.

Church: So this school is a very christian environment. Before class starts all the teachers play music in their classrooms all of which is christian. So I've been using the songs my mom bought off iTunes to get my self a christian play list for when i have my own class in April.

Teaching next year: So the teachers all kind of know officially and unofficially who is staying. From my discussion with one of the teachers yesterday his best estimation is I will be teaching second grade at the other campus. That is mostly based on who is staying and who is moving to another grade. To bad though I would of liked the fourth grade position that they have opening up but the teachers who have been here longer had dibs on that.

Overall things are going good here. Well it's almost 12:30 so I'm going to hop over to work early today. I have a little spaghetti left that I made the other day and want to be able to sit and enjoy my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment